little girl in the big city... adventures? maybe.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

it's been so long

So I'm faltering on my frequent posting that was happening.. Life has been busy, and although it should never be too busy to write (isn't that the best time to do so?) it feels like that sometimes.

In the same breath, there seems to be so much minutia to report, that there's nowhere to start. So I'll start from without.. Updates on those around me. Here are some good ones.

1. Alex has accomplished the unimaginable. Studio Breathe in Montreal is open for breathing.. and more. Discover it online and definitely drop by if you are in the area.

2. Adrian became a real, real lawyer. After graduating from law school at McGill, completing his articles in Gastown, surviving bar school in Vancouver and passing all his exams, he rallied for the last few months to complete the requisite articling period. The partner in his firm threw him a grand ol' party and now he's open for business.


3. Mike finally has his work online. It's beautiful and he's talented; now the pieces need an audience and a home. If you know someone looking for one-of-a-kind, functional works of art, see this. Some are sculptures and some are lamps. And there's Sharon's table.

4. Last week, I got emails from three friends who had babies come into the world, and had lunch with two that will soon. It's that phase of life we're in.

5. I faced a phobia and flew to Quebec city (not the phobia) to train our Quebec sales force on our new product in French (the phobia). It was a blast.

6. I further embraced my foray into this decade with numerous dining events (japanese, ethiopian and italian. .yumm on all 3) surrounded by wonderful friends and lots of thoughts from away..

7. One of the gifts I got for my bday was to have my astrological chart read by a friend. It was surprising, insightful, and honestly, mind-boggling why this practice isn't a more widely-observed phenomenon. Sounds wild, I know... but try it. You may not believe that you didn't believe it before.

8. I played a few games of ultimate and have scored more points in 4 games than I had in some seasons. It's fun playing rec, and nice to reconnect with my friend Johnny Mak after a few years incognito.

hopefully more to come soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger jackp said...

yo...

cool news...congrats to A.

i dug that artwork.

jackp

November 15, 2006 2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home